For consideration please:
- Review the job description below.
- Submit resumé and cover letter (expressing your call to worship ministry)
- Complete job application
- Submit all to Sr. Pastor Cory Britt
Director of Worship and Arts
The Director of Worship and Arts, through music and visual arts, is responsible for creating an environment that enables congregants to find their voice in worship, deepen their relationship with God and with each other, and develop a relationship with those new to the faith and new to the church.
- Leading and Mentoring other musicians and creative arts volunteers.
- Supervising and facilitating the scheduling, rehearsal and performance of all performing and visual arts teams.
- Working in cooperation with the pastor in worship planning and worship setting and design.
- Fulfilling the administrative duties pertaining to this role, including seeking appropriate copyright approvals and obtaining all necessary equipment and supplies for the performing and visual arts teams.
- Accomplished musician with a particular skill in guitar and/or piano.
- Must possess good vocal skills, be able to chart music and comfortable directing various instruments and musicians as well as have a basic understanding of the other performing and visual arts.
- Must have excellent media skills with an understanding of the latest trends and options available for worship media including social media and basic web design (we use Squarespace)
- Must possess a broad knowledge of contemporary and traditional Christian music.
- Must possess a caring servant attitude, a heart for ministry.
- Must be able to follow-through on delegated responsibilities in a timely and caring manner and with the attention to detail required for the task at hand.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize and multitask, using good time management skills.
- Must exhibit professionalism, as demonstrated by conscientious work ethic, teaching ability and accountability.
South Shore UMC was established eight years ago. We have one traditional and two contemporary worship services. We are always looking for fresh ways to present the good news of Jesus Christ. We are set in a culturally diverse area that is projected to grow exponentially over the next few years.